Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Genesis Meditation 10/07/13

Yes,
even before they were conceived,
they wanted to fly.
So, He gave them wings - that is, 
they were given wings

They wanted to run,
so He gave them hooves - that is, 
they were given hooves.

And we wanted to make.
So He gave us hands - that is,
we were given hands.

But wait, there's more...

We wanted to ascend,
so He gave us souls - that is,
we were given souls.

And with souls, we wanted to pray.
So He gave us hearts - that is,
we were given hearts.

And so, do ya see?
to whom do I pray?

But, do ya see?
to whom do I pray?

Jesus, they've whittled down to a man,
a cozy friend, offering a warm beverage
and some good advice.
And God,
whose circumference is nowhere
and a center that is everywhere,
is surely somewhere, but
I can't find anywhere.

And so,
to whom do I pray?
Who listens to my prayers?
Do ya see?


No comments:

Post a Comment